Dear Mom, I know you'll be very much a damsel in distress when it comes to computing since your trustee in-house tech support chick is no longer there. So this here, is a method where (if need be) I will be able to provide tech support all the way from Aussie. All 4162km of it.
This little program is called AMMYY Admin. It's what people would call a remote desktop, widely used in Remote Assistance. That means, Mr. Tech Support Dude somewhere will be able to see your desktop on his desktop and if allowed, be able to control mouse and keyboards input and even access files on your computer, through his computer, from wherever he is. Pretty nifty little bugger, it is.
Here's the download link: AMMYY_Admin.exe
No installation required.
The person asking for help is the Client while Tech Support is the Operator.
Your IDs work as a PIN for you and your Operator to connect to each other.
As a Client, connecting to your Operator:
1. Under the Client tab, click Start to open the connection to your Operator.
2. When connecting for the first time, the program will download a tiny zip file called "target" to facilitate with the connection.
As an Operator, connecting to your Client:
1. Under the Operator tab, type in your Client's ID (which must be provided by the Client).
2. Select a lower speed for less latency.
3. When connecting for the first time, the program will download a tiny zip file called "viewer" to facilitate with the connection.
I tried it out with Deng, so it definitely works. It was fun while it lasted.