Feb 12, 2006

Fucked up people in every part of the world.

Today is the worst day of my life, emotionally.

At around 1am on our way back back home after fetching ErYean home, we reached the junction of Jalan 17/2 & 17/3. There was a brown and white dog beside a stop sign at the side of the junction. It was standing. As we passed it, I couldn't make out what was a white line that linked his neck to the bottom of the sign pole. I immediately asked my brother, who was driving to turn around to take a better look. When we got there, we saw that it was a chain, covered in a plastic tube, bound somewhat tightly around the dog's neck. We decided to get the dog some food and water.

We got home and immediately took out anything we could find from our fridge. After everything was prepared, we left for the junction. The dog was excited or happy, when he saw us, or/and the food. He gobbled up the food and halfway through, he looked at us/me, and made an almost-a-bark kinda noise, or a whimper. Then, he continued eating. He was finished in less than a minute. While he was eating, I wrote a note that said:"Abandoned dog! Help the dog!". We used a brick as paper weight.

We contemplated whether to release him or not. If we released him, he might have a chance of survival. He could also get hit by a car. If we left him there, someone nice enough might help him. Otherwise, he;s just out in the open. We decided to leave him there and to check on him in the morning.

When we were leaving, the dog whimpered again. A helpless bark; pleaded, as if he wanted us to take him, to help him. I got in the car, and that's when I broke down. I just couldn't take it. I couldn't leave him there.

It's out there right now, vulnerable to nature's harsh elements, while we're in the comfort of our homes. It could rain in the middle of the night and he'd just be stranded there, with no where to go. Or, a pack of dogs could come and god knows what could happen.

His previous owner was just plain stupid and fucked up. He didn't even leave food and water. Heck, he wasn't even supposed to abandon the dog.

We got home and I just went straight to my room and cried the whole time. My mum came and then my bro came and they were talking about it. It only occurred to me that the food we gave didn't seem enough.

All we can do now is to wait till morning and hope it doesn't rain. Hopefully, someone will reach him before we do. If not, we might have to call the SPCA and if he's unlucky, he might be put to sleep.

No comments: